Cremation, Burial and Memorial Keepsakes
Every aspect of your pet’s final care and arrangements is of the utmost significance in honoring the life, and the love, you shared. When it comes to these important final details, we are here to walk with you and to assist you in deciding what’s right for you and your beloved pet.
There are three categories of defined cremation services available through Agape Pet Services:
- Private Cremation: Your pet is privately cremated as the only pet in the crematorium. Your pet is respectfully cremated individually and the ashes are placed in a wooden urn. Pet Pilgrimage will reach out to you by phone within 1-2 days when they have completed their care. Your pet’s cremains may be picked up directly from Pet Pilgrimage in Mooresville at your convenience.
- Individual Cremation: Your pet is cremated in a partitioned crematorium where pets are separated from other pets, your pet’s ashes will be returned to you. There may be other pets in the chamber so there can be a very small amount of ash mingling.
- Communal Cremation: In addition to the services listed under In-Home Euthanasia, we bring your pet to Pet Pilgrimage Crematory where your pet is cremated with a group of pets to be respectfully scattered by the crematory on private land in Mooresville, NC. Your pet’s remains cannot be returned to you.
If you have any questions regarding these options, our client relations team is ready to assist you on the phone. Our team is honored with the opportunity to serve you and your pet in this very sad time.
Pet Cremation Options
During your scheduled euthanasia appointment, our veterinarian will walk you through the cremation options and payment for the crematory services. We work with and trust Agape Pet Services for body care and cremation services. Our team will provide transportation to the cremation location, removing that burden off of your shoulders during this difficult time.
Pet Memorial Products
While our beloved pets will always be in our hearts, each of us have different ways of capturing our memories and honoring our departed companions, from photographs to keepsakes to special pet urns. Your veterinarian will provide you a selection of complementary urns through Lasting Paws Pet Memorial Services. If you need time, you may also choose to order directly through Lasting Paws Pet Memorial Services. Visit their website if you wish to order separately through Lasting Paws, or for more information on their custom memorial products.
Paw Print Memorial Options
A Caring Pathways veterinarian will provide you with the option to choose from these paw print memorial options for your beloved companion:
- A Pawpals® framed print with a photo frame.
- A white or terracotta clay paw print.
- An ink paw print.
- An ink-less paw print.
Note: The charms and embellishments are a great option to personalize your paw print keepsake, but are not provided by Caring Pathways.
We suggest that you check with your local city or county regarding their regulations and the legality of home burial. We also encourage you to have the burial site prepared and that the site is at least 4 ½-5 feet deep. Our veterinarian will walk you through this during our visit. Having the burial site prepared beforehand allows you to have more time for memorializing and honoring your pet at the time of euthanasia.
“We are so grateful you offer this service! Your staff are amazing and thoughtful and sensitive to what we are going through. We have gotten great care from Dr. Megan and Dr. Kelly. They helped our yellow labs cross the rainbow bridge. They aren’t intrusive but allow the process to occur while we comfort and say goodbye to our pet. We tell everyone that had pets about you as it is a wonderful experience for one of the hardest things you can go through.”